Foods Alive Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Artisan Cold-Pressed Review
We all have heard of how good Omega 3 fatty acids are for the body. It is known to boost the immune system, regulate blood pressure, and lower blood sugar levels. Fish oils have been the primary source of these so-called healthy fats, but because it poses a high risk of mercury, not so much people are fond of using it.
Then comes hemp seed oil. It is now dubbed as the perfect fish oil alternative, perfect for vegans because it uses all-natural ingredients and also promises cruelty-free testing with no animals involved. Its popularity has resulted in a wide array of brands and types offering the product, making decisions harder to make.
In today’s pharmaceutical market where supplements come a-plenty, how do we make sure we are buying a product we need?
One popular hemp seed oil brand is Foods Alive. This one boasts of an artisan cold-pressed organic version. How different is it from all the others available?
- It has Omega 3, 6, and 9. That makes this hemp seed oil like a buy one, take two promo product. Your body gets to enjoy not just one but all three of them healthy fats. These polyunsaturated fats are best for maintaining your heart’s health and shooting down your blood sugar levels as well.
- It comes unrefined. When it comes to organic products, especially in nutritional supplements, unrefined versions give you the best bang for your buck. Refining supplements from natural ingredients mean losing some nutrients in the process. Unrefined hemp seed oil offers the highest amount of nutrients, so it is naturally the most effective one there is.
- It is made with no preservatives. Going to the supermarket means going to a buffet of preservative-filled food. Everything seems to be full of chemicals meant to make goods last longer, only to harm our health in the process. This hemp seed oil aims to break the routine of consuming preservatives. Being an all-natural product means it is as organic as it could get, which also explains its 2-year shelf life. It might not last as long, but at least we know it is harmless.
- It is less greasy. This might have something to do with its cold press processing. It makes the oil more lightweight than the others, so it is easier to apply and is not as sticky.
- It smells light as well. Other brands’ weakness is the strong nutty smell. This particular brand made sure they wouldn’t put off people with the same issue. It smells lighter and is not as strong to the nostrils.
- It can be used for cooking and baking. When you want to add a distinct nutty flavor but for some reason, you are allergic to nuts themselves, this hemp seed oil might just be what you need. It has a light, nutty flavor which can be used to enhance your dish’s taste without going overboard. It doesn’t have to use a lot to taste, and can even add to the enticing smell of whatever it is you are cooking.
- It can be used for your face. Women are known to have a long list of beauty products for different uses, including makeup remover, facial cleanser, and moisturizer, among others. This hemp seed oil can do all those, and you only have to purchase just this single product. Its nutrition components are proven to be good for your skin, and its oil compound is a natural moisturizing tool. You can use it on its wonder form, or add it to your favorite beauty aid.
- It can soften and tighten skin. It is cold pressed and organic, which means it did not go through a very complex process only to strip it off of nutrients. Its natural moisturizing components act as antioxidants when lathered on your skin, which results in softer and tighter skin.
- It is gluten-free and kosher. Apart from that, it is also vegan-friendly. This only shows how versatile this product is. It is made compatible for just about anyone looking for an all-in-one nutritional supplement in an oil form.
- Some people have developed an allergic intolerance to the product. While it could not be entirely up to the product itself, it couldn’t be denied that it is also a possible cause. It could be too much use or too many amounts consumed in a certain period.
- Though widely known to be less greasy, some people still find it sticky. Believe it or not, some people forego lathering on lotion because they feel it is too sticky. The same is true with oils. Even when used as a carrier oil for other essential oils, some have sworn of how greasy the hemp seed oil is.
- It would appear more expensive than the others at first glance, but it comes in a pack of two. Its medium size bottle would still give you many uses, and a long time of being a go-to supplement whether you plan on using it as an immune system booster, cooking aid, or beauty regimen.
- This brand is said to taste fresher than the others, most probably because of its artisan and cold press processing. Its organic taste makes it lighter than its closest competitors.
- When added to smoothies and other food, it does not give an unfamiliar taste as other brands do.
The truth is that no one can lecture you which hemp seed oil is the best one there is. There are just too much of them readily available in the market. It would take you a very long time testing everything to come up with a decision.
The best you can do is check out its ingredients and benefits, how it was processed, and how long it can last when used every day. All those factors will determine whether or not a product is worth your money.
In this case, Foods Alive Hemp Seed Oil, Artisan Cold-Pressed, Organic is very promising. It does not only act as an oral supplement but also as a beauty care product and a seasoning aid in the kitchen. Add to that its long list of nutrients in a single drop, and you know it is worth buying.