Dieting is a practice that’s been around for centuries. It’s essentially the act of altering one’s diet in such a way that weight loss is inevitable. There are various dieting methods and techniques around today. Some of which are based on logic and take your overall health into consideration and others are just complete nonsense and should be avoided like the plague. One recent dieting technique to come about that’s proving to be quite popular is one that involves using cannabidiol, otherwise known as CBD.
What is CBD?
Before we delve into how using CBD can help with weight loss, we’ll give you a little rundown as to what it is. CBD is just one of the many active cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant and marijuana. Over the past few years, extensive research has been done on this ingredient, including all the amazing health benefits that it can bring. CBD has been proven to help fight cancer, reduce inflammation, relieve multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms, reduce epileptic seizures, help with post-traumatic stress disorders, work as weight-loss supplements, improve blood sugar levels and blood pressure, and relieve chronic pain.
Using CBD to help with weight loss
Maintaining a healthy weight is an essential part of living a healthy life. Not only does it lower the risk of diabetes, strokes, high blood pressure, and heart disease, it can also lower the risk of various cancers. Over the past few years, CBD has been researched thoroughly in many ways, including its usefulness as a weight loss tool. Some people find this hard to believe at first because they automatically associate cannabis with the “munchies” and, therefore, CBD with increasing a person’s appetite. But, that’s not the case at all.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is another active ingredient in cannabis. It’s responsible for both the psychoactive effects people feel after consuming and the so-called munchies they may get too. CBD has the opposite effect. It actually suppresses the appetite. Another powerful weight loss property of CBD is that it increases the level of mitochondria found within the body, allowing the body to burn more calories. It’s also used in stimulating genes and proteins that break down fat cells within the new body, and in reducing the amount of new fat cells that are generated.
One of the most prominent weight loss features that CBD has to offer is its ability to accelerate a process called fat browning. What this process does is that it changes white fatty tissue into beige/brown fatty tissue. While white fatty tissue is responsible for preserving energy, brown fatty tissues indicate the burning of energy. So, rather than have a buildup of white fatty tissue, the CBD browns the tissue before burning it all together. The reason the fatty tissue turns from white to brown is that it’s being cleansed of all its toxins. If there aren’t any toxins to shield the organs from, there’s no need for a buildup of white fatty tissue.
- How does CBD differ from cannabis? Cannabis contains both THC and CBD. While THC is the psychoactive ingredient that gets people high. While both ingredients are cannabinoids, THC actually binds to the receptors in your brain inducing that feeling of euphoria. CBD does not have this property. It does not bind to your brain’s receptors and does not make you feel high.
- Are there any dangers of dieting with CBD? CBD is considered to be a dietary supplement and so carries no more risk than any other natural vitamin. Of course, everyone is different and different compounds affect people in different ways. Be sure to check the label of any CBD products you do buy to ensure they don’t have any unwanted ingredients. To be on the safe side, it’s always best to buy any CBD based product from a reputable vendor.
- How do I incorporate CBD into my weight loss program? Any form of CBD oil will work, whether it’s taken as a concentrate, capsule, or edible. A lot of people prefer to use CBD capsules for weight loss as they’re easy to administer and leave very little room for error. Edibles such as chewing gums are also quite useful in suppressing one’s appetite.
- What dose of CBD oil should I be using? Unfortunately, there is no one set answer to this question as it will depend on a number of different factors. Everyone metabolizes things at a different rate, so while some people will find that 5 mg is perfectly fine for them, others may need as much as 50 mg or more. The best way to find the right dose for you is to start low (perhaps 5 mg) and work your way up to a level where you are feeling the desired effects. Try each dose for a few days at a time to give it a chance to work. If you don’t feel the desired effects after around five days try increasing the dose by another 5 mg or so and maintain for a few days. Repeat and increase as necessary until you find the right dose for you.
- Will CBD show up on a drugs test? Drug tests look for THC readings, so as long as you stick to buying CBD products that are low in THC you should have no problem at all.
We hope you found this article useful and are now a little more informed as to how CBD can help you lose weight. Using CBD to help with weight loss is one of the cleanest ways to diet and a lot of people are starting to realize this. It’s a natural weight loss tool that doesn’t affect the user’s body temperature, heart rate, or blood pressure.
But, there’s never a ‘one size fits all’ solution when it comes to dieting, so if you do find that it’s not working as well as you’d hoped maybe try combing your CBD diet with another technique. There are plenty of effective methods out there for losing weight using CBD, you just need to find the one that works for you.