Does CBD Vape Oil Get You High?
CBD oil is becoming increasingly popular, especially in the world of health and fitness. Because it is such a new product, though, there are many questions and even more misconceptions surrounding this dream product. We are here to clear the air, concerning CBD’s ability to get you high, as well as to answer a few other questions about CBD hemp oil and how CBD vape oil works.
Is CBD Like Marijuana?
While it is true that CBD products and medical marijuana come from the same plants as marijuana products, the two are entirely different products altogether. Of course, some of their health benefits are overlapping, but CBD oil won’t give you the “high” that is often related to marijuana. Here is the breakdown of the two:
The Cannabis Sativa plant contains over 100 known cannabinoids, which are the reactive products in the plant that is responsible for all of its health benefits. The two most common cannabinoids found in the Cannabis plant are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC is the most abundant and active ingredient found in marijuana and marijuana products and is solely responsible for the psychoactive effects related to the plant. However, CBD hemp oil products contain more of the cannabidiol and only very trace amounts of THC. For instance, many marijuana products contain around 15 – 25 percent THC, with 15 being a moderate amount and 25 percent being pretty high. CBD products, though, contain amounts less than 1%, with most products containing around 0.3% THC, which is why CBD oil does not get you high.
What Is CBD Vape Oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is extracted from the leaves, stems, and flowers of the cannabis sativa plant, and utilizes not only CBD but often other naturally beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes like Mercene, Limonene, Linalool, and Humulene. CBD vape oil is a special type of CBD product that is designed to use with a vape pen or vape mods, in order to produce a thick vapor that is inhaled into the lungs, similar to other smoking mechanisms.
This type of distribution is pretty immediate, which helps deliver the benefits of the CBD to your bloodstream quickly. This method is often the preferred form of CBD oil by people who already smoke or vape and is a good option to consider if you are looking for a CBD product that is direct and quick to take effect. Its immediate reaction makes CBD vape oil a great product for controlling sudden bouts of anxiety or pain and other conditions that may come on without notice.
What is CBD Vape Oil Good For?
CBD vape oil is just another way that people use to distribute the benefits of CBD to the body. Some of these benefits include:
- Supporting healthy skin and hair growth while helping to balance moisture in the skin and hair as well. CBD is incredibly similar to the cannabinoids found in the skin, making it easy for the CBD oil to bind with CB-1 receptors to fight bacteria and free radicals in the skin while also balancing and controlling moisture output in the sebum glands.
- Helping to control nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and many other symptoms, especially many of the symptoms related to common cancer treatments.
- Reducing pain and inflammation by affecting neurotransmitters in the brain to affect the way that your body sends and receives sensory information. For this reason, CBD is a common treatment for conditions that cause pain due to inflammation, like rheumatoid arthritis. Topical solutions like salves and creams infused with CBD oil were created specifically for these conditions and other joint and muscle pain.
- Reducing anxiety and depression by affecting the brain’s serotonin levels. In fact, many people have used CBD products to replace or reduce the amount of prescription medication they previously used to treat these mental disorders.
- Reducing the negative effects of psychological disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder by utilizing its antipsychotic effects. This happens due to a combination of affected chemical levels and the CBD’s ability to alter neurotransmitters.
- Treating epilepsy and reducing the frequency and severity of epileptic seizures, especially in young patients who are sensitive to other medicine typically prescribe for epilepsy.
While vaping CBD oil is a great way to reap all of these benefits, there are also many other options, including sublingual doses (concentrates placed under the tongue), edibles, topical creams and salves, and capsules, that distributed the same benefits. Vaping CBD oil is an incredibly popular option for people who are trying to quit smoking cigarettes, as it can replace the hand-to-mouth addiction, while also helping to wean you off an addiction to nicotine. Vaping CBD oil does not have the same harmful effects of cigarettes, which contain nicotine and a slew of other harmful additives.
Is CBD Vape Oil Safe?
While much more research needs to be done in order to understand the true potential and risk factors related to CBD oil, especially CBD vape oil, there are very few studies that reveal any adverse reactions to CBD oil, even in large doses. In fact, one study looked at the toxicity of CBD oil when taken in large doses for a lengthy period of time (up to six months) and still found that cannabidiol is entirely non-toxic and poses no risk of overdose. Some research has revealed a short list of mild side effects related to CBD oil. Some of these possible adverse effects of CBD oil include:
- Feelings of nausea or dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Fatigue or low energy
- Feeling sleepy
- Low blood pressure
- Appetite changes
- Unexplained weight loss
While the use of CBD oil in a pure form does not carry any adverse effects, you should note that vaping or smoking, in general, may have its own set of side effects that can negatively impact your health. Vaping in general and vaping CBD oil are often considered to be much safer than smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products. If you are concerned with the safety of a vaping product, consult with your doctor before trying CBD vape oil.