CBD Oil Kansas: Is CBD Oil Legal In The Sunflower State?
The passing of two critical Senate bills has paved the way for cannabis products in Kansas. The Farm Bill and Alternative Crop Research Act are just the beginning of what is possible.
CBD Oil Kansas: The Highlights
- Another historically-strict state, Kansas, has started to embrace the benefits of cannabis-related products.
- Kansas Senate Bill 263 has allowed for the production and research of CBD through industrial hemp.
- Kansas Senate Bill 282 made it legal for all residents of age in the state of Kansas to purchase CBD products.
- An entire state will get to experience the abilities of CBD first-hand.
- New business opportunities may be on the horizon for current and future Kansas residents.
Is CBD Oil Legal In Kansas?
This bill specifically removed CBD from the state’s official definition of the term “marijuana” (which is still illegal), amending all of the statutes related to crimes involving a controlled substance.
Understanding The CBD Boom: What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD is a cannabinoid found in cannabis that does not produce the psychoactive effects that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) use results in.
CBD has proven through many studies over recent years that it provides a spectrum of benefits. Although the material that is used to create CBD contains around 0.3 percent THC, that is not enough to produce a psychoactive effect.
CBD Oil Benefits
As CBD research gains more funding and time, it is certain that more benefits will arise. However, there is already a multitude of benefits available to potential users.
Improved cholesterol profiles and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- In a 2013 study of 4,652 participants comparing metabolic systems of current, former and non-users, found that current users had the highest levels of good cholesterol (HDL-C).
- Similar studies have also resulted in the same results of users displaying higher levels of good cholesterol and lower levels of bad cholesterol. In the U.S. atherosclerosis is common and can lead a heart disease or a stroke.
- A growing lump of evidence suggests that the stimulation of endocannabinoid receptors in the body play a crucial role in the pathology of atherogenesis.
Assists in maintaining brain health and creates a resilience to trauma and degeneration
- CBD has proven to be neuroprotective, which means it helps maintain and regulate brain health. The benefits have been linked to several instances which include the improved efficiency of mitochondria and the removal of damaged cells.
- CBD is a compound that helps to reduce glutamate toxicity which is cause for the over-stimulation of nerve cells in the brain that leads to cell damage and/or death. As the brain ages, the cells that are damaged or dead are replaced at a much slower rate, fortunately, CBD in low-doses has shown to improve the creation of new nerve cells.
Protects and heals your skin
- Cannabinoid receptors are all over the human body and the highest concentration of these receptors are within the skin. Applications of CBD in the form of a lotion, serum, salve or oil hold great benefits for a user’s skin.
- CBD can help repair damage that occurs from UV rays and environmental pollutants. CBD has also been found to regulate the skin’s oil secretion which has called for the development of CBD acne products.
Treats anxiety and stress
- The use of CBD for anxiety dates back all the way to 2000 BCE in various cultures across the world. CBD has proven to consistently and safely reduce anxiety even when paired with psychoactive compounds in cannabis.
- Recent studies have also shown that CBD use over the long-term is an effective strategy for reducing the behavioral and physical consequences of stress and anxiety.
- Many patients who suffer from PTSD and other forms of anxiety-related conditions have shown to improve through the use of CBD and THC compounds.
- CBD and cannabis as a whole have proven to be excellent prescription alternatives for pain relief. The growing movement of CBD as the preferred method of pain relief has grown tremendously over the past few years in all age groups.
- Many studies have confirmed that CBD works with the majority of neuropathic (Caused by damage or disease affecting the somatosensory system) and nociceptive (Stemming from the nervous system through specialized nerve cells) types of pain.
Combats depression and mood disorders
- The endocannabinoid system has been found to be able to combat the serotonin level dangers that are often targeted by clinical depression and other mood disorders.
- Small doses have proven to affect serotonin levels for the better, causing some to recognize it as a “novel fast antidepressant drug” because it enhances both the serotonergic and glutamate cortical signaling. This has been backed by recent studies that showed CBD contained antidepressant effects, suggesting it works by interacting with the 5-HT1A neuroreceptor (A subtype of serotonin receptors).
Reduces the risk of diabetes and obesity
- This stems from a report on 52,000 participants that exhibited rates of obesity were a third lower among cannabis-users.
- Newer studies have shown that CBD helps at-risk patients lose weight by assisting the body in converting unhealthy white fat into healthier brown fat.
- It has also been found that CBD promotes the production of insulin and raises sugar metabolism.
Reduced the risk of cancer:
- A recent animal study has shown that those who were treated with CBD were less likely to develop colon cancer after being exposed to carcinogens.
- Another study showed that among 84,000 male patients, users of cannabis had a rate of bladder cancer that was 45 percent lower than the norm. Similar studies and results have been found relating to topical applications of CBD and THC.
Combat and aid sleep:
- A common problem among the population is insomnia, apnea, and dependence on Ambien. Although THC has proven to work better for sleep time rituals, CBD has proven to work for both depending on the dose.
- With that being said, some users reported having a sleepy effect from the use of CBD while others reported feeling energized. This is where safe experimentation can be conducted.
Kansas Cannabis Laws: A General Overview
Preceding 2018, Kansas was one of the most conservative states when it came to cannabis due to its extensive disciplinary consequences and its absent regulatory program. Kansas first enacted the prohibition of marijuana back in 1927 due to the “reefer madness” hysteria that spread like wildfire across the west of the Mississippi River.
The stance on cannabis in Kansas had virtually stood still in time until the 2014 passing of Senate Bill 263 (Enacting the Alternative Crop Research Act) and 282 (Allowing all citizens to consume CBD).
How To Buy CBD Oil Online Legally In Kansas?
Online vendors such as Green Roads World can easily provide a source of high-quality CBD products. The CBD that is produced at Green Worlds World is created through CO2 extraction, which uses extremely cold, high-pressure environments to produce high-end solutions.
After the extraction, unwanted cannabinoids such as THC are removed from the solution leaving the customers with pure CBD products.
How Does The 2018 Farm Bill Affect Kansas?
The Farm Bill allows for industrial hemp to be cultivated, researched and processed statewide while in accordance with federal law.
This new change allows for farmers in the state to look at the benefits of a growing need for industrial hemp in numerous sectors ranging from material production to consumer edible products.
Interest In Launching A CBD Business In Kansas
With interest in CBD getting stronger and increasing appearances in headlines, it is without a doubt that more and more consumers will be ready to give it a shot.
Furthermore, since CBD businesses aren’t peddling hopes and dreams, the growing social proof will inevitably produce a consistently growing base of consistent users that will outlive the hype train. New territory has been unlocked and the mass is rushing in to collect the waiting gold.
CBD Oil Kansas: The Final Word
Kansas has been historically tough on cannabis, but in recent times cannabis has returned in a favorable light. Progressive laws have been passed to legalize the production and sale of CBD products for all within the state of Kansas. These changes will lead to lives being changed, business opportunities and the future passing of THC-related laws.