CBD Oil for Pain: What to Look For
One of the most popular uses for CBD oil and CBD products is for pain relief, especially pain as a symptom of a greater condition like multiple sclerosis or arthritis.
If you’re looking for the best CBD oil to try for pain, Farma Health recommends the following[product-multiple product-id1=10383 product-id2=10395 product-id3=10384]
CBD Oil For Pain: The Highlights
- CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system to reduce pain.
- You can use CBD oil, cream, vapes, or edibles to get the effects of CBD.
- CBD won’t you get high as it won’t contain any THC. At most, it will have 0.3% THC, which is not enough to get a person high.
- Aside from pain, CBD can be used to treat ailments such as anxiety and depression, to name a few.
- The standard dose for treating pain is typically somewhere between 2.5 milligrams and 20 milligrams, although it’s recommended to start with a low dosage before upping it.
How CBD Oil Cures Pain
Your body has an endocannabinoid system, which is attached directly to the nervous system and controls many of your body’s normal functions, like oil production in your skin and keeping your body in homeostasis, as well as many other important tasks. Your endocannabinoid system contains cannabinoids similar to those found in the cannabis plant.
In fact, cannabidiol (CBD) is incredibly similar in genetic makeup to the cannabinoids produced by your body. For this reason, CBD oil is able to bind with the CB-1 receptors in your body. This is why your body is able to take full advantage of all of the benefits of CBD oil.
To make it simple, CBD oil aids your endocannabinoid system in maintaining homeostasis, which allows your body to do its best fighting bacteria and illnesses and allows it to effectively heal itself as well.
Because the endocannabinoid system in your body is attached to your nervous system, it has some type of control over your neurotransmitters and the way that information is relayed through your body.
This is how CBD oil helps to control pain.
Regular doses of the CBD oil can actually prevent the sensory information that alerts your brain of pain.
Plus, CBD hemp oil naturally reduces inflammation, which makes it effective for treating conditions like arthritis and other joint pain where the pain is caused by or directly follows inflammation.
Best Types of CBD Oil for Pain
CBD oil is a very diverse product and there are several types of CBD oil products available for personal use. This includes the following, which are the most popular styles of CBD treatments for pain:
- Tinctures/Sublingual Doses: Tinctures are CBD concentrates that are meant to be taken sublingually. A “sublingual” dose is distributed under the tongue. A standard dose is one to two drops. The benefit to this option is that you can easily control your dose and personalize it to fit your needs, both by changing the strength of the oil you choose and by changing up the number of drops you take at a time. This is also the most direct and quickest way to experience the benefits of CBD oil because doses placed under the tongue will enter the bloodstream almost immediately. The downside to this option is that the oil has a mild, nutty flavor that is unfavorable for some people. However, many people say that the flavor is light and easy to tolerate. Some sublingual options are even flavored to help hide the hemp-like taste.
- Topical Creams and Salves: CBD concentrate can be added to other oils or used alone as a topical product, which makes it useful for treating pain in the muscles and joints. Often, these creams and salves are combined with other natural products that can help control pain, like peppermint oil or eucalyptus, and may be scented as well. The benefit to this style of CBD product for pain is that you can direct the CBD oil to a targeted location. Reapplying a topical product may not be as convenient as oral doses, though, and for internal pain or pain that cannot be properly targeted by a topical solution, this is not the best choice.
- CBD Edibles: Edibles are made from CBD concentrate and allow you to reap the benefits by eating a variety of goodies. You can find edibles of all sorts, including CBD gummies, chocolates, chewing gum, and more. These edibles help you to enjoy an oral dose of CBD that can help relieve pain without the hemp-like flavor. The downside is that it can be difficult to control your dose, especially if you take a specific dose, and the edibles are often more expensive than the regular tinctures.
- CBD Capsules: Capsules are another option for people who do not care for the flavor of the sublingual oils. While these CBD capsules will deliver the benefits of CBD to your body, they generally take longer to take effects. Like the edibles, they can be a bit more difficult to use for specific doses and can be kind of pricey.
CBD Gummies are a fun way to take CBD and easy to control dosage.[product-fullwidth product-id=”10338″]
Farma Health Recommends
Among all the brands reviewed by our editorial team, these three are our top picks for pain:
Choosing a CBD Oil Dose for Pain
Choosing the best CBD dose to treat your pain depends on multiple factors, including the cause and severity of your pain, your body mass index, and more.
Because this is such a wide span, check need to be carried out to find the correct dose for you. If you have never taken CBD oil before and do not know how it will affect you, you should start with a low dose and work your way up. This can mean starting with a dose as low as one milligram.
A great course of action is to start low and take that dose every day for one week. Then, the following week you should increase your dose by one milligram. Continue this process until you see a reduction in your symptoms.
Once you have reached a dose that eliminated your symptoms then you have found the right dose for you. If you feel like you are taking too much CBD oil, you should reduce down to your previous dose. If you begin to experience adverse effects, discontinue use and talk to your doctor about using CBD oil for pain.
But if you are ready to give CBD oil a shot, Farma Health recommends the following CBD products:[product-multiple product-id1=10383 product-id2=10395 product-id3=10384]